Bike4Health Easter Cycling Club
Our Bike4Health Easter cycling club is for kids age 7-11 who are looking to get out on a cycling adventure this Easter! We’re running 5 half day sessions where we will explore fun off road gravel tracks and paths across the north east. Exploring river, coast and countryside.
Our sessions will take place leaving from our base in North Tyne Industrial Estate opposite the Rising Sun Country Park. We’ll then head out on an off-road adventure! Morning sessions start at 0930 for children age 7-11 and 0130 for kids age 12-14.
Who is this activity suitable for?
This activity is suitable for children ages 7 to 11 years old. It is important that your child is:
- Able to cycle safely and proficiently
- Is comfortable cycling close to roads, on gravel paths and tracks
As we will be out cycling for up to 2 ½ hours, we recommend your child carries any essential medications with them (eg. inhalers). A parent can also come and enjoy the adventure for free. You don’t have to but you would be welcome!
Is it safe to participate during the COVID-19 pandemic?
Bike4Health are currently working closely with North Tyneside Council and our partner schools to make sure our services are delivered in line with Government guidelines but also in line with best practice advice from the Department for Education. We have been cycling with Schools throughout lockdown 3.0 and our risk assessments and processes have evolved in line with Government guidelines. From the 29th March outdoor organised sports are permitted.
Bike4Health will offer refunds in full if Government guidelines change and planned sessions cannot take place.
What do we provide?
- British Cycling qualified and experienced guides to deliver our sessions
- One of our FROG bikes appropriate to your child’s size
- Lazer Cyclone cycling helmet
What does your child need?
- Good sturdy footwear
- Suitable sport clothing for cycling
- A good waterproof in case it rains – April Showers!
- A small back – pack for a waterproof and any other items
- A filled water bottle or other liquid refreshment
- On sunny days, appropriate factor sun cream
On Booking please enter your children’s names in the Additional Information text box.
Please note. Your Booking is subject to final confirmation. Full refunds will be given if for whatever reason the activity cannot take place.