Festive Walking or Cycling adventure to Santa’s Grotto with Festive Outdoor Games, Reindeer Feed Making and Fireside Stories with Santa
Sunday 12th December, 12:00-15:00
Bike4Health is again teaming up with Forestry England and BOutdoors. We are providing some fun festive outdoor activities this Christmas!
We’ll be meeting at the Forestry England Field Centre, (map to follow with your confirmation email) at 11:45 so we can get into groups and start our activities. Please dress warm and appropriately for the winter conditions.
The following activities will take place on the day;
- Festive outdoor games including Christmas dinner hunting
- Cycling or Walking trail to Santa’s grotto. Stopping for bauble hunting and reindeer feed making along the way!
- Festive storytelling with Santa. Enjoy a hot chocolate around the campfire and enjoy some fireside crafts and festive stories with Santa.
Who is this activity suitable for?
This activity is for 5-10 years old. It is really important for your child’s enjoyment that your child is:
- Able to cycle safely, proficiently and confidently
- Comfortable riding in a group
- Comfortable riding on varied loose surfaces including gravel, mud and roots
- For those not confident cycling, an accessible walking trail will be led by Forestry England
We recommend your child carries any essential medications with them (eg. inhalers), water and snacks.
What do we provide?
- British Cycling qualified and experienced coaches/guides to deliver our sessions
- One of our Frog Bikes appropriate to your child’s size for use during the session
- Lazer cycling helmet for use during the session
- Some presents for participants including magic reindeer feed, Christmas tree baubles, and a minature fir christmas tree!
- Hot chocolate and fireside snacks!
What does your child need?
- Good sturdy footwear
- Suitable clothing for cycling and the season
- A good waterproof in case it rains
- A small back – for a waterproof and any other items
- A filled water bottle or other liquid refreshment
On Booking please enter your and your children’s name(s) and age(s) in the Additional Information text box.
We strive to make our activities as inclusive as possible. Please contact Bike4Health if you have any special requirements for your booking.
Please note. Your Booking is subject to final confirmation. Full refunds will be given if for whatever reason the activity cannot take place.