Following further measures announced by the Government on the 23rd March 2020 we have reviewed the official guidance and Bicycle Shops are exempted currently from being forced to shut. Given the ongoing support we can provide to cycling as a recommended healthy activity, sanctioned by the Government we remain open.
However, we are taking further measures to ones previously put in place to ensure the safety of our people and our customers.
- You should only visit our unit as the rest of the site is closed. Minimise contact and maximise distance from any other people whilst visiting our business.
- Please make a booking via our website https://www.bike4health.org/workshop/ to ensure you are not wasting a journey. Alternatively, please call the workshop on 0191 250 9367 for further information.
- Customers are asked to wait outside the workshop and call the workshop number 0191 250 9367 to attract attention of staff. Facilities and clear guidance will be in place at the front of our unit on where to place your bike and where to wait.
- We will take notes on what work is required on your bike(s) over the phone.
- It is important that you are happy to provide us with an email address as this will aid communication and will also enable us to send you an invoice electronically which you can settle online minimising contact. Your email address will only be used for communicating with you regarding your bike service.
- Your bike will be cleaned/disinfected appropriately on its way in and out of our workshop. We would recommend and welcome you taking your own additional precautions as you see fit.
- When you have been advised your bike is ready to pick up an invoice will be sent to your email address for you to settle your bill. When coming to pick up please stop outside as before and call the workshop number 0191 250 9367 to attract attention. We will then bring the bike out to you for you to take away.
Workshop working practices
- Our workshop mechanics will be working shifts to minimise personal contact and maximise social distance at work. We will be cleaning/disinfecting as appropriate between shifts.
- We will be extending our working hours to spread our working pattern and whilst that won’t necessarily extend our opening hours we would ask that you check our opening hours on our https://www.facebook.com/Bike4Health/
By taking these sensible and recommended measures we can continue to support you through these challenging times. #bebikehappy