Bike4Health May Half Term Cycling Club
Our Bike4Health May half term cycling club is for kids age 7-14 looking to get out on a cycling adventure this half-term! We’re running 5 half day sessions where we will explore fun off road gravel tracks and paths across the north east. Exploring river, coast and countryside.
Who is this activity suitable for?
This activity is suitable for children ages 7 to 14 years old. It is important that your child is:
- Able to cycle safely and proficiently
- Is comfortable cycling close to roads, on gravel path and tracks
As we will be out cycling for up to 2 ½ hours, we recommend your child carries any essential medications with them (eg. inhalers). For our 7-11 year old sessions a parent can also come and enjoy the adventure for free. You don’t have to but you would be welcome!
Is it safe to participate during the COVID-19 pandemic?
Bike4Health are currently working closely with North Tyneside Council and our partner schools to make sure our services are delivered in line with Government guidelines but also in line with best practice advice from the Department for Education. We have been cycling with Schools throughout lockdown 3.0 and our risk assessments and processes have evolved in line with Government guidelines. From the 29th March outdoor organised sports are permitted.
What do we provide?
- British Cycling qualified and experienced guides to deliver our sessions
- One of our FROG bikes appropriate to your child’s size
- Lazer Cyclone cycling helmet
What does your child need?
- Good sturdy footwear
- Suitable sport clothing for cycling
- A good waterproof in case it rains – April Showers
- A small back- pack for waterproof and any other items
- A filled water bottle or other liquid refreshment
- On sunny days, appropriate factor sun cream
Book online today at: bike4health.org/shop/